Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 21 - UI Card Arrived

UI stands for Unemployment Insurance

I finally got my card in the mail and it came in this lovely envelope you see here. It had my wonderful Visa Prepaid Debit card which will now have my UI payments loaded into it.

Well, I don't want them on this card as I have to make payments to my landlord, car loans and other misc bills. The good thing is that you can actually setup your payments to go directly to your bank account.

What sucks is that you have to wait until you get your card to make any changes. It is through Citibank which you can actually call. Once you get your card, you will also need to setup you 4 digit PIN number. I was able to setup my Direct Deposit and even have it recurring so I don't have to worry about it. Only draw back is it will delay my payments for 2-3 business days.

You can call them at 800-582-4910 or go online at www.mduibenefits.com. Either way, you will need to provide some information to get this all started. Remember, you have to have your card in hand before you can start the process.

Now I need to track my payments and taxes that were not taken out. I don't want a SHOCKING SURPRISE at the end of year when I have to pay taxes on my UI payments. You still get taxed even on unemployment insurance payments.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment