Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 32 - Insomnia and Shoes

What a freaking way to 'celebrate' being unemployed for a month now. It is not something I want and was really hoping to land a job before this. Hopefully with 2 interviews pending next week, something will happen to break this spell.

INSOMNIA

I have already had issues with sleeping and got some pills from the doctor a year ago. I was taking them extremely sparingly as I don't want to get addicted. I usually could get to sleep by 12:30 or 1:00am, but now it seems to be later and later. I can only assume it is depression with not having a job. It is getting harder and harder to fall asleep before 2:00 or 3:00am now. The worst night I was up until a little after 5:00am.

It is an emotional issue as I know that once I wake up, my daily routine is crap. No longer do I get up and make my way to work. It seems that I don't have purpose and am now a dread on society. I have been working consistently since I was 15 and this just doesn't seem right to be home jobless.

I know others would not agree and be happy to be home during the summer and enjoying the weather. I can't as I am always thinking about bills and praying nothing seriously happens to any one while we are both unemployed. If one of us was working, I would feel better. With both of us out of work, the stresses are just crazy to deal with . . . . . in silence.

SHOES

My son came home and said that his shoes no longer fit him. These were $55 USD shoes my wife got for him a couple month ago. OMFG - already they don't fit!!!

Not that we have a lot of money, but clothes are something everyone needs. We went to JCPenney's as they had some good prices for shoes. Me and my wife do need some shoes as well (my casual shoes are way over a year old and sadly need to be put down). My wife needed a pair of brown heels for her work clothes that she never found.

We actually all got shoes and the final price came to $83.74 (or about $28 a pair). Can't argue with that price and I told my son - DO NOT JUMP IN PUDDLES with your new shoes.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment