Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 37 - Early Prevention Workshop

I spent the majority of the day at a mandatory workshop provided by the Maryland Unemployment. The good news was that is was that this counts as my required 2 jobs searches a week. Though I have already applied to several of them this week already.

EARLY PREVENTION WORKSHOP

I will not go into the gritty details of the workshop, but it was informative. It went over everything you needed for getting a new job, what resources are available and who to contact. They reviewed everything from Resumes to Interviewing. I will need to update my links page with some more helpful info they provide. In all we got 3 different handouts which I think will be extremely helpful.

One piece of info I will share now is the Western Maryland Consortium.Along with the normal job search help they can provide, the also offer training. You can bone up on certificated for some of the popular Microsoft programs. They also can provide up to $4500 (pending qualifications) in funds(Federal Funding)  for any training.schooling that will offer a certificate or licenses within a one year period. I already turned in my application and hope to hear from them soon.

What was interesting was the variety of different jobs that people used to have in this class. We had people who were Data Entry, Warehouse, Customer Service and all the way up to an HR Executive. It seems this economy is taking its toll on everyone in any occupation.

It did remind me that I needed to send out a 'Thank You' email to my Interviewer.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment