Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 41 - No Jobs

Where have all the local Tech jobs gone???  

NO AVAILABLE IT JOBS TODAY

 I tried to look for some tech jobs on all my search sites. It seems that the pond was over fished as I couldn't land anything. I decided to take a different route and look at Retail positions. Not sure anything will bear fruit as I have been out for a long time. But it is like riding a bike and once you get your feet on the pedals, it all comes back.

I found that PetSmart had a boatload of open jobs at my local store. Decided to try to apply and updated my resume to showcase my Customer Service/Sales experience. I was re-directed to their website to fill out an online application. no biggie, but what drew my attention was that they noted it may take 10-50 minutes to complete - WTF!!!!

I went ahead and started filling out the application. I signed my life away like usual and started their online test to insure I would be a good fit. 11 minutes into this thing and I get hit with a question that stopped me cold. It was about appearance and I could only have ONE earring per ear. Now, i can take out my plugs which would get me close, but I have 2 hoops in one of my ears. This would mean that I would need to take one hoop out. Not a big deal, but if I forget to replace it, I would get a closed hole after time. Since I could not honestly answer this as a yes, I just stopped dead here. WHY THE HELL wasn't this part of the beginning - DAMN IT!!!

In the end, I hit up the Alison Training site and got certified in Outlook 2010. Only downside, is that these are not 'Microsoft' certifications.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment