Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 28 - Coupons

When you have a little cash to spare, what can be done to save as much money as possible?

COUPONS

Seems that we are checking out coupons more than ever. If we want to get something, we see if we have a coupon. This however doesn't always mean savings.

When we go shopping, the coupons are looked at first, but we also check out the others. It is still sometimes cheaper to get a 'no name brand' item over one with a coupon. This sometimes is not best however as you really need to check out both labels. The cheaper brand may have more sodium or calories than another. It could also be a taste issue. I personally do not like the taste of generic Coke and will get Regular Coca-Cola when I can. Usually it has to be on sale however :D

The reason I bring this up as my son wanted McDonald's for lunch after I went to return a book. I did have a coupon for a new McDonald's that we could use. I just had to buy a Value Meal and he got a Happy Meal for FREE. Though eating out is no longer the norm for us,  I decided to go. I got the cheapest Value Meal possible (2 Hamburgers) at the Medium size and he got his Happy Meal.

They are showcasing the Madagascar 3 movie toys for the Kids Meals. He however ended up with a Madagascar 2 movie toy. Found it funny that even the major food chains are re-using old product to save money ~ WTF!

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment