Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 18 - Job Relocation

Still cranking away at my studies for the Security+ certification. It is the weekend and is hard to try to do this with everyone wanting to relax and have fun. My son is also now out of school so I will need to keep him occupied - - - DAILY!!!

RELOCATION

This is what kind of got me in this pickle to begin with.

We originally lived in Florida when the recession hit and my wife lost her job. I still had mine, but she was not having any luck. Florida at the time was not a good market for employment. She moved up with my family and found a job in a couple weeks. I moved up in 2010 and it took me 4.5 months to find a job. After that we thought all would be good - our mistake :P

It is hard having to pick up everything and move to another location not knowing what the outcome will be. Now we are in a more critical dilemma then we were in Florida. We are both jobless at the same time and living off of our last paychecks, saving and unemployment insurance. If I had it to do over again, I don't think I would of done it.

My wife was recently offered a position in Boston, but kindly turned it down. It is too expensive of a place to pack it all up and move to with only one income. Not to mention no housing to live in either. We need a job, but not take out a loan to do it. Sometimes the risks out way the benefits.

But as always noted, Hindsight is 20/20 - FML

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment