Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 34 - Phone Interview

I had a phone interview today that may bear fruit. However I have to go through another tier of the Staffing Company.

PHONE INTERVIEW

It was set for a 1/2 hour, but really only lasted 15 minutes. It was not what I expected as the questions were fairly easy and generalized. I was expecting more questions and the call was kind of awkward. I don't think the person interviewing was ready for the call from me. It seemed like it was something they had to do, but wasn't really something they felt was needed.

The job is for an Administration IT person which is covering a vast area of responsibilities. You have to be a jack-of-all-trades as it covers a bit of tech writing, tier 1 support and administrative. I can't think of an Admin to someone having to be a tech writer and support person to boot. I think they are trying to cram as much skills as possible into this which is quite odd.

I guess we will see what happens with the other group if they want to speak to me or not.


They did offer some advice for me in reference to my resume. I have ITIL certificates, but the certificate numbers are not listed. I will have to dig into my stuff and find those numbers so I can add them.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment