Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 23 - More Studying and Prep Testing

Still working on my Certification for Security+ and researching prep tests and stuff. I am also still working on my Training Links Page and that is not up yet.

I was able to get the other 2 pages done for Job Searching and Maryland Unemployment. These links should prove helpful for anyone looking for a job, especially in Maryland.

I am up to Chapter 7 in my CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Authorized Exam Cram (3rd Edition) book. It is not easy andI am working with some other avenues as well. I was able to find a link to someone that is doing an online training course for this. They have 12 chapters, with the last one in the middle of July. I want to have my testing done sooner than this, but may hold off. I want to insure that I can pass this the first time.

I even found a free Prep testing by ProProf on their site for Security+ [link]. It has some other areas that you can check out for other lessons and testing. This is going to be a big step for me as it will get me a job that much faster with that company I interviewed with.

My wife is working on getting an A+ certification. If all goes well with the Security+, this will be my next certification. What sucks however is that if you have either of these prior to 2011, you are grandfathered in for life. Now when you get certified, you have to take a new test every 3 years to be certified again. What a crack of shit this is for me.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment