Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 29 - You've been OUTSOURCED

I got some bad news from people I used to work with. It seems it would be better for the Big Bank to outsource their jobs.

OUTSOURCING

I got a text message from my old co-worker at the company I was contracting at. It seems they were all notified today that their jobs will be gone by the end of Summer. It seems that someone up to 'chain of command' decided that both the departments could be liquidated. This included my department and another one. The will only be keeping 2 people on for escalation issues (wow). That is about 14 people (including Managers) that will be a statistic if they can't re-locate to another department within the company.

I can now see why my contract was not extended another 6 months.

This means that if they can't find a place in the Frederick office, they may need to move to another City/State to stay with the company. I am not sure how much this is feasible as the company doesn't seem to give a shit about them now. They even told the Managers they needed to start looking for another position. That is seriously cold as some of these have people have been with them for  many years. Some even got their 10 year pins not too long ago.

I guess there isn't any company loyalty like is was in the old days.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment