Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 35 - The Day the Computer Dies

What a day for a computer to crap out. My computer would not boot today to even let me into the BIOS. I was hoping it would be a power supply issue, but that proved to be not the case. I took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy as I no longer have access to a lab. They hooked up a known good Power Supply (700wt) and it beeped (mine never beeped) and they tried again with the same results.

Issue was the motherboard on my almost 5 year old system. I luckily have all my data on a secondary hard drive. However, due to system upgrades of late, it means I will need to purchase new software unless I can find my old disks.

I am currently running on an old laptop for now and will be researching new systems. My only immediate need is to get an external drive reader for my SATA drive. This way I can access my files at least.

Good news out of this chaos was I got a second phone interview. They liked what I had to say and now will be physically interviewing tomorrow. Here is hoping something comes of all this so I can actually afford a new system :D

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment