Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 44 - Roller Coaster from Hell

Have a possible job - all depends on my completing the Security+ certification

WHY SO MANY HILLS AND VALLEYS IN LIFE

Summary: Received a job offer, a job rejections, a job interview and my Dad could pass anytime.

I got a job offer for a future position (hire date open), but I must pass a Drug Screen, Credit & Background check, Government Security clearance and pass the Security+ exam. The last item is all on me and may prove to be hard. Out of the "+" test, this is the worse one and I have not ever taken the other ones. Have a book and internet videos that should help however :D

One job I was really hoping to get into sent me a rejection letter. I can only assume it was due to my previous salaries which were 1/2 what I was making in Florida. It may of scared them off - over qualified sort of issue.

I have a job interview tomorrow with the company I used to contract for in another department. It will be an FTE position and not contract which I want. Not sure it will be a good idea as my wife really doesn't want me there. She has heard horror stories from others that worked for them. Still, it may be a good start for me to get back on my feet.

I did also apply to a position for a Cross Dock (Warehousing). It has been several years that I have no been in that environment, but I know I can do it. I really like working in the warehouse as it was busy and physically demanding. I think it would be good to lose a few pounds.

The cherry today for the sundae was the fact my Dad is not doing well. His heart is operating at 18-30% and he is having issues breathing. It is an issue that has been haunting him for a while, but this is the first time a doctor said - we have done everything we can.

FML times Pi

Almost forgot, I was up to 3am working on my computer and still at it this morning. Too many software and updates to count with so little time.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment