Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 30 - Job Center Program Notice

I got a notice in the mail yesterday that I had to show up at the Washington County Job Center.

EARLY INTERVENTION PROGRAM

I have actually been waiting for this letter to arrive. It was something that I expected to get sooner or later. As being unemployed, the State wants to get you back into the work force as soon as possible. I get this as it will be helpful to hear what they have to say.

It will be a long day as this class is from 9:00am to 3:00pm with a 1/2 hour lunch break. At least they are paying for any parking costs, but lunch is on me :P

Nothing says loving like a threat now a days if you don't attend. See this little statement below as it says it all just as it was printed (Caps and Bold):

"IF YOU DO NOT ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP, IT COULD RESULT IN THE DELAY OR DENIAL OF YOUR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS."

Nothing like a little scare tactics to get you to come to this meeting. I think everyone should attend it as it goes over 8 different points to getting a new job.
  • Coping with Unemployment
  • Planning your Job Search
  • Resume and Cover Letter Preparation
  • Completing Employment Applications
  • Telephone Contact Techniques
  • Effective Interviewing Techniques
  • Available Community Resources
  • Occupational Training Opportunities
I am most looking forward to the last 2 of these. Do you have anything like this in your area if you are unemployed?

Jobless Cartoon Movie of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment