Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 17 - More Damn Certifications

Well, here we are starting a new month and still looking for that job in the sky. Like I noted in yesterdays blog, certifications seem to be overtaking the WORLD.

CompTIA Security+ Certification

Like noted, I stopped at Barnes & Noble to pick up a copy of the Exam/Cram by Pearson (see link for copy if you need to purchase yourself). Not as thick as the A+ book, but still a lot of reading.

There are 13 chapters broken down in this book. They did recommend that I take Network+ before hand, but was not necessary. Working on the Service Desk and in Operations for 10 years gave me a good over view. Hopefully this will be quick and painless.

My first chapter today was on Network Design. It gives a nice overview of the network and what all the components do. Each chapter does start off asking some questions to test your knowledge. If you know the answers, it suggest skipping the chapter after taking the mini test.

Personally, I will be reading every chapter and page.

I have been out of an IT Operations environment for a couple years and a refresher is good. After reading everything, there are a couple prep test and a CD in the book. I am going to be doing all the damn Prep Tests I can find as well online. Having to drop $276USD of my own money on this test, I want to make sure I pass it the first time :D

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment