Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 27 - Applying to more Jobs

Another Monday and another start to the Job Hunt work week. I applied to this one company in Chambersburg PA for a Service Desk Analyst 1 position. I figured this was an introductory start and a possible foot in the door. However, with the pre-assessment quiz, I may not even be considered which is really sad.

I don't have a A+ or a HDI certification. This is just crazy that a couple pieces of paper could be keeping me out of a job. I guess experience and OJT doesn't mean a hill of beans any more. Once I am done with the Security+ Training (and pass), I guess it will be time for more fucking testing and $$$ for exams. Seems I have to spend money to make money, but they really doesn't add that much $$ to my total pay.

I also decided to take a look at a job that was running the 3rd shift (or as I call it- Dead Man Shift) for Tech Support.. It was running 11pm to 7am or 12am to 8am. Figured it would be a start to get back into the work force and was local. It is not a shift I would enjoy, but anything would be better - right? Well, after looking at it, there was no per-qualifications needed. Then I looked at the wage - $11-12.hour. No wonder they are looking for recent graduates.

Are you seriously only paying that for a 3rd shift???? I made more money as a Call Center Rep 2 years ago ($12.50) and that was day shift work.

OMFG ~ will I ever find anything that will actually pay the scale needed to support my family?

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

2 comments: