Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 43 - Computer Upgrade

Computer and some software came n today. It is not all Roses however.

COMPUTER SETUP AND UPDATE

I got in my new computer from Microtel. Kind of wacky as the computer had a part moving around in it, but I will get to that later. When I reviewed this, the graphics card was suppose to have 2 DVI connections for the monitors. Both mine have DVI connectors (better video) and this was a necessity.

After a few calls and back and forth crap, we came to the conclusion that I will send back the Graphics card and get a $110 refund. I can then purchase a new card myself that is designed as needed. I am not waiting to get the card in however. I have decided to move forward with setting this up.

I did install my secondary drive into this with no issues (SATA). Needed to make a bit of a change to the power supply, but worked. The 'extra part' bouncing in my computer was not needed. It seemed that they must of 'lost' the original part and replaced it with a backup. So I now have a backup 4pin speaker connector for my motherboard - WTF.

I am now in the process of adding all my software and updating it. I did run Trend Micro Internet Security 2012 software on this before installing anything. Came back clean which was what I expected.

Oh, I did get a job offer - pending I pass the background and security screening. I also need to pass Security+ as well. Sucks as I haven't been able to study much with all my computer chaos. If I fail the test, I am out of a job - just ducky. I guess more on this to follow after I see the offer letter.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment