Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 15 - Unemployment Debit Card

Finally over my Heat Stroke from over the weekend. Really took a lot out of me and hindered me doing a whole lot. Time to get cracking on my job search's again.

Maryland Unemployment Debit Card

I got a letter in yesterdays mail from DLLR. It was a notification that my unemployment benefits were approved. They noted that I should get my UI (unemployment Insurance) card in 7 days after the letter was sent. Which hopefully will mean I will get it this week sometime.

At least this is one thing that I don't have to worry about. It let me know what the new Citibank Prepaid Debit Card would look like and the envelope it will come in. As you can see, the card will come with a beach shot of our Maryland Blue Crab. I am happy to see it isn't an ugly or generic card :D

Back in 2008-09, the decision was made to stop using checks. This was done by the State of Maryland for 2 reasons. One was that it would save paper, postage and payroll for sending out the checks and second, it would stop the issue of missing or lost checks. In all, the State figured it would save them $400K a year doing this.

For me however, I want it to be direct deposited into my checking account as noted in other posts. Once I get this in the mail, they are suppose to include instructions on doing this. 

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment