Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day Eight - Networking

Applied to more jobs, but no calls yet.

My list is ever growing and I have actually applied to a job in Gaithersburg, MD. I am trying to keep my commute down to less than an hour. For anyone who travels towards Washington DC, this is not possible from my apartment. Interstate 270 South is a bitch to drive in the morning towards DC, but nothing like the interstates in Los Angeles :P

NETWORKING

Seems that Social Networking is a huge marketing thing now (see photo). This could be a great way to get that next job or lose it in the same breath. There has been much talk about this recently with companies demanding to see your Facebook account and even reviewing it prior to hiring.

This is a bit hard for me as I only have my blogs, Twitter and Linked In. I am sure that you are shocked to see that I didn't mention Facebook. I was on that a couple years ago, but decided to get out of it. It seemed that I was only on it for the games and not much else.

My wife however, is a Facebook Addict (at home) with all the virtual reality stuff on it. I know if she sees this I am a dead man - but I have insurance for that :D

I have updated all my status on the sites I do hang with. They are mostly in other countries as the things I like are not too popular here (Japanese Animation for example). Though I have a tight group, we are to diversified in location :D

How about your friends, we are sure they have some ideas - right?

It is hard for me as I never had friends outside work in recent years. When I moved to Florida, I lost contact with most of my childhood friends. Even though I am back in Maryland, they are too far away to hang out with now.

The woes of adulthood as real life does take over our social life rather completely at times.


Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment