Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day Five - Applying for the Jobs

Yea, I know it is Sunday and you are suppose to 'rest'. But Daddy needs a new job, so lets get cracking.

APPLYING FOR A POSITION

This is the most annoying part of unemployment - applying for jobs. You can either do it via the internet or in person. Either way, this is a headache in one form or another. On both, you have to fill out a FUCKING FORM that repeats everything (more or less) on the Resume you worked so hard on.

Though I have to say, the handwritten Employment Forms are more physical bitch to do. HAND CRAMP!!!!

You upload your resume, cover letters and references to your main job search sites. You fill in a barrage of questions and other crap and finally review and press Save. You think "Thank the Gods that this is over" and you can start applying to all those great jobs.

Find that job that fits your resume, click on 'Apply Now' and get transported to their website. You look over the qualifications and go 'I can do this easily and be back in the job market'. Then you click the wonderful 'Apply Now' to quickly apply for the job.

WTF is this PAGE !!!

Oh, you now need to log into their website to apply. Create a new login name and password, enter your personal information, upload your resume & cover letter just click the continue button to complete.

But wait for it  . . .  .

WTF PART DUO !!!!  I have to enter the same damn information all over again. I just uploaded the resume and now I have to re-enter all this crap again. WHY, can you tell me WHY????

Yes we can, they need to have it entered into their database on the back end so it can be searched for key words and to insure you REALLY DO meet their qualifications.

HINT: If you are applying on-line, figure a good 20 minutes (or more) per job you are applying to so you can enter all your information.

For the record, I have 5 Job Search engines I have logins to. Outside this, I  have also created 8 other logins for the jobs I have applied to. I am sure this number will grow each daily to annoy me to no end.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment