Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day Nine - Unemployment Letter

Still plugging away at all this and hoping something comes of all this soon. I did see that one of the applications I submitted had a status of 'Approved' which I am hoping means - INTERVIEW!!!!

UNEMPLOYMENT LETTERS

Well it seems that I will be getting a letter a week from DLLR in reference to my claims. I guess it is kind of nice to get one noting that you can continue and when to do it for the week in question.

This paragraph makes me a bit nervous (Yes, they write in caps and bold so you can't miss it):

"BENEFITS WILL NOT BE PAID UNTIL THIS DEPARTMENT HAS VERIFIED THE REASON FOR SEPARATION FROM YOUR EMPLOYMENT WITH THE EMPLOYER. 

WORK SEARCH CONTACTS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION. FALSE INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN DENIAL OD BENEFITS, FINES AND/OR IMPRISONMENT."

 WTF -  so my previous employer is sitting on their hands and not responding to them. Hell, they haven't even called me since my contracted ended initially. They had a job that was over a hour away AND would have to travel to boot to sites in the area.

I know a job is a job, but when you look a logistics, it sometimes does not make sense. With gas prices, maintenance of the vehicle and increase risk of some dumb ass hitting you,  it just sucks. Any amount that may of been an increase, would just get sucked in your car. Since I have a young child, I don't want to work too far way from him in case of an emergency :(

Jobless Cartoon of the Day
http://www.americanprogress.org/cartoons/2009/03/img/031709.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment