Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day Seven - Unemployment Insurance

Applied to 4 more jobs today, but still no call backs yet. I know it is early in the process, but I seriously would rather be working.

UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE BENEFITS
 
I applied for my first week of unemployment. Not the proudest thing I have ever done as I don't like to rely on others. In my current situation however, a needed thing to keep our family afloat.

I will not get full benefits for last week however. What they do in the 5 or so questions, is ask if you received any money for a job (I will need to take a screen shot next week so you can see the lines of data you need to complete).

Since I only worked a couple days, I had to take that estimated figure and round it up the nearest dollar. I can only assume that they will take my gross pay for those 2 days, subtract it from what I would of received in unemployment benefits. This way my total benefits will not be more than the normal insurance payment.

LOL - I am already taking in a hit in pay. The change was only 13 cents, so rounding it up means I lost 87 cents. Not much, but when pennies count it is something still
.
My wife still has to post hers for last week, but she will not get anything. She worked 4 days and whatever her pay is, it will be well over the $430 she would of gotten (before taxes).

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment