Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 48 - Email Interview

Ever had someone send an interview email for a job?  I did!

EMAIL INTERVIEW

I received an email that had 9 questions that they wanted me to answer for a position I applied to. This was a first for me as I usually have a phone interview.

I guess they wanted details that only I could give them that would be easier to review than over the phone. The questions however were poorly scripted as 3 of them said nearly the same thing. They wanted to know my experience with Applications, Hardware and Networking. I was able to provide examples for all of them, but why not setup the questions right.

The big thing with this though, was that I answered the questions noting what the questions were referencing. If they used the term 'password management', I used 'password management' in my answer. I also didn't talk about stuff that I didn't know. I am sure that they would love to use these answers against me. I am smarter than that as all the answers were factual and what I did know. I just hope my limited Network experience will not hold me back.

Oh btw, it is still freaking HOT in our apartment and no one has come over yet.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment