Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 58 - An Interview like no other


Had another promising job interview

JOB INTERVIEW TO THE 10TH POWER 

I had an interview for a Helpdesk Position in Frederick. It was an interview style that I never had before and quite involved. I had to stop at one location in Fort Detrick to meet with the HR person. They reviewed my application and provided me with the benefits that the company provided. After everything was reviewed, I was directed to the offsite location where I would be working.

After a quick trip, I was able to find the location. It was a bit odd at first getting in, but everything after that was fine. What I thought was going to be a single interview, ended up being anything but. It turns out I had an interview with someone every 1/2 hour from 10am to 12pm. That's right, 5 different people ranging from the person overseeing the project to my peer. WOW - it was intense for me to go through that as each person had a different interview style and battery of questions.

I did make it through without to many scars and REALLY HOPE this is my next job.

I do have a meeting tomorrow with my counselor at the Western Maryland Consortium. They have approved my training for my Security+ certification. At least that part if moving forward and either way, I will be working on this.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment