Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 55 - TABE Testing and Fingerprints

Studying for a test can be so stressful.

TABE TEST

The guy who talked to me, must of been confused. The testing was at the same location and not across the street. Easily fixed issue and to the test room I went. Lucky for me, it was only ME taking the test that day. Someone else was suppose to, but bailed.

My 4 hour test ended up being only 1.5 hours ~ YEA! There was only 3 tests, Reading Comprehension, Math and Math Comprehension. I asked abut the others tests (Language being one), but she said it was so easy, everybody passed. Because of this, they no longer administer it. I will find out my results tomorrow and hopefully it goes well.

FINGERPRINTING

I got my fingerprint sheets and went to my local police station. My wife had to do this a couple years ago and they were able to do this. Well, not so much now - WTF. It seems that they no longer do manual fingerprinting as everything is live scanned now. No longer do we need paper records as it is scanned directly into a computer.

I was give a number to call so I could setup an appointment. Since it could be done on the web, I figured this would be faster. No problem if I want to schedule an appointment, but I need to pay them $20.00 for the service. OMFG - you have got to be kidding me - another racket to suck money out of people. I wrote back to the company and asked if they wold be willing to front the $20.00. I have a feeling that they want me to drive to Reston, VA (3 hour round trip) and do it at their site.

Not sure I want to do this as the job is pending my certification. Sorry, I am not willing to drop money into a venture that can end with me not getting the job. I will put this part of the process on the back burner for now.

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment