Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 59 - Mixed Bag of Stuff

We have good new, bad news and exciting news

A VERY BUSY DAY

The good news is that I am going to get funding for taking my Security+ Certification. The not only agreed with my 2 prep classes, but also for the cram class and testing. That is a big savings for me, but now I need to get my butt in gear for all this. I still need to meet with the college to get my 'contract' signed as my class will start on 07/18.

The bad news was that I got another rejection email. I am not too surprised by this, but sad that they wouldn't even consider me. It was for a job as a Production Supervisor (something I did 15 years ago) and I know it would be a easy job for me. I guess I 'flunked' their damn per-assessment test.

The exciting news is that they called one of my references for the job I interviewed for yesterday. I got a call from my old supervisor letting me know. He had talked me up as I expected he would, but only because it was all true. I am sure they contacted my other job contacts, but not certain what would of been said about me. As I know I did a good job and had no issues, I am certain it will be fine.

Not bad for it being "Friday the 13th"!

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment