Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 52 - Forms and Testing

Trying to see if I can get money for school.

GRANTS AND FEDERAL MONEY FOR SCHOOL

I went down and met with someone from the Western Maryland Consortium. This is where I am hoping that I can get some federal money for school.

I am not sure if they can get me what I need, but I am going to try. I also have to fill out for a Pell Grant (FAFSA) as well. I am not sure how this will unfold, but I hope it will mean I don't have to pay for schooling. I will have to take a 4 hour test however so thay can make sure I can get the college courses. I just need to pass at a 9th grade level which should be easy. Part is Reading Comprehension and the other is Math. I asked for some of the math examples so I could refresh. When I showed them to my son (going to 6th grade), he said it was stuff he already knew - LOL.

I am not of course getting a damn Student Loan. This is a freaking trap by both private and government loans. I did this back in the 80's and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. If I can't get it for free, than there is no way I am getting one of these. I will have to make due with what I can and get my certifications on my own.

I did get another call for a new job interview which is on Thursday. This is an odd one as I meet with HR at one location and then need to drive to meet with the actual staff at another location. 

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment