Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 57 - College Phone Calls

Had to pick some colleges when filling out my Pell Grant - now the nagging begins.

STUPID COLLEGE CALLS

When I was filling out for my Pell Grant, I had to pick some colleges in my area. I ended up picking three of them just so I could get this done. During this whole process, the site was setup like I was a young kid still living at home with my parents. I know this may be normal most of the time, but they really need to update the verbiage. At the end of the process, they noted that this information would be sent to the 3 colleges' financial aid departments. SHIT - I don't need them calling me about this as it was just something required. It did note I could get a Student Loan up to $20K, but we know that means it will take FOREVER to pay back.

Well, one of them has already called me. I kindly told them that I wasn't interested as I just had to fill in some colleges to see if I could get a Grant. It was funny as they were shocked by my response and I kindly told them I wasn't really interested in their school.

They did understand and said if I changed my mind to let them know. LOL - no way I would go to this college as the costs are WAY HIGH for any degree. Like all the private colleges, I am just a dollar figure for them.

Tomorrow I have a 2 part interview in Frederick. Lets hope this is fruitful and it lands me a job :D

Jobless Cartoon of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment